VOLUNTEER ROLE: ACCES
WWMS is a registered charity that assists vulnerable migrants in our locality through the provision of advocacy, advice and support services. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new venture to assist some of the neediest in our society.
What will I receive?
• Role-specific training
• Out of pocket expenses reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy
• First-hand experience of working with marginalised group
• References after six months
Where are we?
Broadmead Baptist Church, Chigwell Road, Woodford Green IG8 8PE
How do I apply?
You will need to complete an application form. We will then invite suitable candidates to attend an informal interview. Successful candidates will be asked to complete a DBS check.
Time commitment: every second Wednesday from 9.30 am – 12.30 pm (a second session may be introduced in the future if mutually agreed)
• Control the entry of persons into the office
• Check registration forms
• Provide information on local services
• Prepare and maintain reception area
• Help to maintain information section
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Flexible approach to working arrangements
• Ability to check completed registration forms
• Ability to adhere to equal opportunities policy
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to use Microsoft Word and the internet
• An awareness of the backgrounds and experiences of vulnerable migrants in their countries of origin and in the UK
• Ability to suggest changes to working practices
• A second language
If you are interested in this position please complete an application form and email it to email@example.com or post it to Wanstead and Woodford Migrant Support, Broadmead Baptist Church, Chigwell Road, Woodford Green IG8 8PE. Please email us if you have any questions.